Friday, September 27, 2013

Sarah Prineas Interview

Author Interview

Sarah Prineas

Author of The Magic Thief, and the Summerkin series!               



                   



I would just like to say thank you to Sarah Prineas for agreeing to be interviewed. I know that she must have been busy so I am super happy that I am able to post this. So once again...
 Thank you Sarah!

Without further ado, here is the interview:


Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

“I grew up on the east coast, but now I live in rural Iowa with my family and also two dogs, a cat, and three adorable goats.  The things that I love to do besides reading and writing, are going for hikes in the woods, gardening, and getting long emails from my friends.”
 
 
Which characters from any of your book series do you relate to?

“Well, I relate to all of them, one way or another, because I invented them.  The character I'm most like is Nevery because he's cranky in the mornings before he's had his tea--and I'm that way about my coffee.  I'm also a little like Rowan, because she's impatient and so am I.”
 
 
What is your favorite book?

"My favorite book of all time--that's a tough question!!  I'll try to list some of my favorites:

Picture book (tie): Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak and Four Fur Feet by Margaret Wise Brown.

Middle-grade book (tie): Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.

YA book: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

Adult book (tie): Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen and Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien and Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry."
 
“I'm a little nutty about books, so I couldn't choose just one!!”

 
 
How do you get your ideas for books? For characters?
“When I start writing a book, it's like meeting the characters for the first time.  As I write, I get to know them and their world, and I start to figure out what's going to happen to them.  That's when the book gets rolling, and I wake up in the middle of the night with ideas, and bring a notebook on hikes with me in case the ideas leap out of the woods at me, and really, the ideas are everywhere at that point.”
 
 
When did you decide you wanted to be an author?
“I didn't start writing until I was in my 30's!!  Before that I had a career and everything, and started writing because I was living in Germany and couldn't work there, and I needed something to do.  And wow, I discovered this thing that I *love* to do.”

 
What is your advice to those who want to be authors?
“I have three pieces of advice.  One: If you start something, try to finish it so you can understand what a complete story feels like. Two: Find a critique group; read their work and accept their comments on your work.  Three: (advice from one of my best writer-buddies) NEVER SURRENDER.  Writing can be hard and you can get lots of rejections, but you have to keep going past those challenges.”
 
Once again thank you!
“You're very welcome!  :D”
SarahP
 
to see my reviews on her books click here , and here.
To see more of Sarah click here , to go to her website.
 
 
 

 
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment